FACILITY USE SAFETY AND SECURITY CHECKLIST
PLEASE REFER TO AND FOLLOW THIS GUIDE FOR SAFE AND SECURE USE OF OUR BUILDING:
- During use, outside entry doors may be unlocked to facilitate entry of participants. These doors are usually locked to maintain the security of our building and the safety of those inside. Be aware that propping the doors open invites all who pass by to enter and investigate your event. Outside entry doors must be locked at the end of your event.
- All inside metal doors are “fire protection” doors. They may be propped open for ease of use of the building during your event, and must be closed at the end of your event to maintain compliance with the fire code and insurance coverage.
- Lights may be turned on as needed. Wall switches are located near entry/exit doors for each area. All lights turned on for your event must be turned off at the end of your visit. The lamp in the lobby is on a timer for security and safety illumination. If it is turned off for any reason, it must be turned back on at the end of your event. Likewise, the canopy lights in the entry pull-through must remain switched on at all times. Do not alter their wall switch which is covered by a clear plastic cover.
- Bathrooms are located in the Lobby and Lower Level. Please remember to turn off the lights after use. Additional toilet paper and paper towels are located in the white cabinet in the Janitor’s Closet next to the Men’s Room door.
- The Memorial Hall kitchen is available for use. Please remember to use customary kitchen safety procedures. Drawers and cabinets are labelled to indicate their contents. Any utensils used for your event must be washed and placed in the drying rack to air dry. Any soiled pots, pans, baking sheets, etc. should be rinsed in the commercial garbage disposal next to the commercial dishwasher. Do not attempt to use the commercial dishwasher without prior approval and training. These items may then be washed and dried after use. Please replace them where you found them. The refrigerator in the kitchen may be used if needed. We can redistribute items to provide your group with refrigerator shelf space, if you let us know ahead of your visit. The commercial 6-burner stove has its pilot flames turned off to conserve energy. Carefully use the lighter provided to light the burners. You must turn on both switches for exhaust and fresh air while using the stove. Make sure that all burners are turned completely off when finished using the stove. The oven’s pilot flame is lit. Turn the control knob to the desired temperature to light the oven. Make sure the oven control is turned off at the end of your event. The small unit on the floor under the shelf for the triple sink is a freezer. Do not put items needing refrigeration in the freezer—you won’t be pleased with the results. Additional freezer space is available upon request, in a separate room.
- There is another kitchen on the Lower Level. It contains an electric range with oven, a refrigerator, and a microwave. Do not rinse soiled items in the sink in that kitchen. Take them to the Memorial Hall kitchen to use the commercial garbage disposal and spray, then wash and dry them and return them to the Lower Level Kitchen. Make sure all range burner and oven controls are turned off after use.
- Thermostats are programmed to maintain acceptable room temperatures for customary use. If needed, the thermostat may be temporarily changed. At the end of your event, return the thermostat to “Run Program” status.
- Showers are available for use on the Lower Level. There are two shower heads separated by shower curtains. We request that the showers be used by only 2 males or 2 females at a time. Soap, shampoo, and towels are available for use. Please leave used towels in the shower area so they may be washed and dried after the end of your event. Please make sure that any personal hygiene items leave with the person who brought them. Cleaning supplies, a mop and bucket with ringer are located just outside the shower door. Thank you in advance for cleaning the showers after they are used.
- Please remember that your event is being held in a church. This is God’s house, and deserves your respect. We have been blessed to be able to provide the use of this facility to your group. We believe in passing that blessing on to you. God commands us to entertain strangers who are passing through, so please use these facilities responsibly and safely. May God bless you as you stay here, and as you go on your way.
CHECKLIST BEFORE LEAVING
OUTSIDE DOORS ARE LOCKED; INSIDE DOORS CLOSED
LIGHTS TURNED ON HAVE BEEN TURNED OFF
KITCHEN STOVES AND OVENS ARE TURNED OFF
POTS, PANS, UTENSILS, ETC. USED HAVE BEEN WASHED, DRIED AND RETURNED
ANY THERMOSTATS THAT HAVE BEEN CHANGED ARE RETURNED TO “RUN PROGRAM”
SHOWERS HAVE BEEN CLEANED AND USED TOWELS PLACED TOGETHER
ALL PERSONAL USE ITEMS BROUGHT IN HAVE BEEN TAKEN AWAY BY THEIR OWNERS
FINALLY, GIVE THANKS TO GOD FOR HIS PROVISION AND BLESSINGS